This site is filled with great tips, yummy recipes, and better ways to eat, so that we can all live in healthier bodies. Included you will find gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free and other recipes that may fit your diet. Not all recipes will fit all of these types of eating standards, each will be labeled with where they fit. I hope you can sit back and enjoy some wonderful new ways to cook. Enjoy, Kris

Monday, May 03, 2010

Introduction by Kris

Hi all,

I am starting this blog in hopes to help others who have maybe had some of the same health concerns that I have had, that can help them find a place where they can again feel good in there bodies. By no means am I claiming to be a Dr, and that I know everything that is going on in your body. This site is also not here for any of us to help you with diagnostics of any kind. Its simply a site filled with wonderful, kind people to offer their time and efforts to supply recipes that may work for you in your journey to eating habits that will help you feel good in your body. 

  My name is Kris and over the course of the last  year, I have had some pretty major health issues. After months and months of testing, last fall I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, which is an auto immune disease. The diagnosis was not helpful in making me feel better in my body, but did give me somewhere to go from. I was seeing many Dr's. trying to find a pain free, symptom free life, so that I could go back to my normal active life. For many months, i was still suffering, with no reprieve until a dear friend recommended an Anti-Inflammatory diet! I was very skeptical, but did some research and one of the first places I found was Dr.Andrew Weil's website. Wow, was I surprised and educated rather quickly on how food affects our bodies. Since then, I have been on a journey to find freedom from pain, aches, and to get my energy back. It didnt take long. After the first 24 hours of an Anti-Inflammatory diet I had already started to feel better. By 48 hours, I was amazed on how I continued to improve. Its now been a few months later, and I have had the pleasure of experimenting with food, to find out what is causing my health issues, and have been very successful.

  I have also talked to a few friends about my health, and have found others who have all been having similar problems with the food they have been  eating. All of this made me stop and think. What is the food we are eating these days doing to all of our health? Its truly amazing? Now dont get me wrong, I was once at the place where I thought I could eat anything, I was young, I was very active, working out at least once a day, cycling, yoga, weight lifting, hiking, swimming, you name it, I just couldnt hold still. So why did i need to worry about what I ate? But, this is not that type of eating that I am talking about. Alot of the food that are claimed to be healthy for you are actually filled with so many chemicals and hormones, that I myself have become poisoned by the toxins in them. It's not that the food in its original state isnt good for you, its how its processed that suddenly has opened my eyes to how I am eating.
  So with that being said, this website is being designed to help all of you become aware of you eat, and how you can eat in a way that doesn't bring you to huge health concerns, or if you already have them, i hope that insights offered here can help you in your journey to eating with awareness.

Enjoy, Kris

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP