This site is filled with great tips, yummy recipes, and better ways to eat, so that we can all live in healthier bodies. Included you will find gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free and other recipes that may fit your diet. Not all recipes will fit all of these types of eating standards, each will be labeled with where they fit. I hope you can sit back and enjoy some wonderful new ways to cook. Enjoy, Kris

Monday, May 10, 2010

simple veggie burgers

Howdy folks,

  I dont know if any of you have had those garden burgers from the store, but they are icky. at least they are to me. they are really lacking in flavor. I'm sure its to accomodate everyones taste buds. So while looking for a recipe that i can alter and make my own. I found this recipe online and I have some wonderful options for you,that i have played with. I must say, this recipe is so easy, i really dont understand why anyone would purchase the store bought ones.

Basic Simple Veggie Burger
 6 veggie burgers.

1 cup eans like garbanzon or black beans (cooked and drained) canned works great.
2 cups mushrooms (chopped and fresh)
1 medium onion, diced
1 or more garlic cloves, depending on your taste
2 eggs, if more are needed use just whites.
seasoning of choice
fresh cilantro or other herb of choice
1/4 cup wheat germ (optional)

Cooking Method:  Cook diced onions in a pan with some olive oil until trasparent, add mushrooms, garlic and any other veggies you would like. cook until done. Meanwhile, chop or mash beans until soft and mushy, add to bowl. when veggies are done add to the same bowl. add eggs and mix thoroughly. season as you like. then scoop 1/4 of a cup out at a time and place in a frying  in a pan, giving plenty of room between them. cook  until done.

Serve on a bed of lettuce, with tomatoes on top.  Add cheese if you are not dairy intolerant.

ok, this is how versatile this recipe is. Imagine looking at a hamburger menu. If they can do it with their burger, you can do it with this. I really like the tex mex taste, so I add tex mex seasoning to mine. Today I added turmeric, salt and pepper. I've also done garam masala when I was feeling the need for something Indian...your possiblities are endless.

Note: as you add more veggies, you will need to add more egg. Stick with the two whole eggs, and then start adding egg whites. You will get more burgers as well.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP